Being part of Infrastructure Partnerships Australia means setting the pace, leading the debate, guiding planning and developing policy for the priorities and direction for infrastructure development throughout Australia.
AVAILABLE POSITIONS (4)
- Policy and Senior Policy Adviser Roles
- Policy Analyst – Infrastructure Projects
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Director, Communications and Engagement
Policy and Senior Policy Adviser Roles
We are recruiting a number of roles within Infrastructure Partnerships Australia’s Policy and Research team at Policy Adviser and Senior Policy Adviser levels. The successful candidates will play a central role in identifying, developing, and delivering high-quality advice on infrastructure policies and reforms in Australia and New Zealand, including the developing and leading research projects. These roles also provide unrivalled opportunities to develop and maintain effective relationships with senior business and public sector leaders across the infrastructure sector.
The successful candidates will join a team of dedicated infrastructure policy professionals from a range of academic and professional backgrounds. Whatever your background, we expect you to be intellectually curious, personable and to understand that communicating and implementing ideas is just as important as coming up with them.
Preferred candidates will have:
- exceptional writing and editing skills, with the ability to develop a range of policy documents
- a strong intuition for problem solving, with highly developed research and analytical skills
- the capacity to undertake complex quantitative and qualitative research
- the ability to present and debate ideas persuasively
- a good understanding of the infrastructure sector and a desire to learn more
- a strong track record of successful projects or programs
- relevant tertiary qualifications (economics, public policy, law, commerce, engineering, etc) and a strong academic record
- the ability to manage competing priorities and projects, and deliver work to tight deadlines
- strong attention to detail
- an outcome-orientated approach to work, and
- a passion for delivering positive change through infrastructure.
Applicants must send a covering letter and resumé to: [email protected]
For initial queries, please contact: Mollie Matich on 02 9152 6000.
Policy Analyst – Infrastructure Projects
We are recruiting a Policy Analyst – Infrastructure Projects within Infrastructure Partnerships Australia’s Policy and Research team. The successful candidate will assist in identifying, developing and delivering high-quality advice on infrastructure projects in Australia and New Zealand. The candidate will be centrally involved in the operation and analysis of the ANZIP website utilising Tableau or other Business Intelligence tools. They will also make key contributions to the organisation’s broader policy and research initiatives. This role provides unrivalled opportunities to develop and maintain effective relationships with senior business and public sector leaders, including the members of our Advisory Board.
The successful candidate will have highly developed abilities in data analysis and written communication, great interpersonal skills, exceptional attention to detail, and a strong interest in infrastructure investments and reforms.
The successful candidate will join a team of dedicated infrastructure policy professionals from a range of academic and professional backgrounds. Whatever your background, we expect you to be intellectually curious, personable and to understand that communicating and implementing ideas is just as important as coming up with them.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Up to two years of experience in a relevant field – graduates and entry level applicants welcome
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and a strong academic record
- Skills in compiling, analysing, visualising and presenting data using Tableau or other business intelligence tools
- Skills in geospatial mapping will be highly regarded
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Willingness and capacity to learn new concepts and skills quickly
- A broad understanding of infrastructure markets, economic and financial concepts
- A strong track record of helping to deliver successful projects or programs, and an ability to manage competing priorities and projects and deliver work to tight deadlines
Candidates should submit their CV and a cover letter of up to two pages detailing their interest in and suitability for the role based on the criteria outlined above. Applications without both a CV and cover letter will not be considered.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
Human Resources Manager
Infrastructure Partnerships Australia
via email: [email protected]
For further information please contact Jack Bateman, Senior Policy Adviser and ANZIP Lead, Policy & Research on +61 2 9152 6019 or [email protected]
Digital Marketing Manager
We are a small and young team of policy, advocacy, event and digital production leaders in our fields that are passionate about what we do, and we are looking for our next integral team leader to oversee the development of the main website as well as associated web platforms, our presence on social media sites and the production of videos and podcasts.
Joining the Executive Leadership Team and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Digital Marketing Manager will lead the creation, transformation, development, and execution of digital strategy. You will manage performance of the digital work programme, team and digital experience across all channels.
Your leadership in delivering integrated digital solutions will be key. Focus will be on:
- Digital Experience – including websites, content and maintenance
- Digital Marketing – including social media and email marketing
- Digital Services – including product management of podcasts etc.
Moreover, you will champion digital delivery throughout the organisation, ensuring key stakeholders are inspired, consulted and kept informed.
Applicants for this position must briefly address the required attributes stated in the position description and send their applications to: [email protected].
For further information please contact Linda Birgersson, on 0413 359 549.
Director, Communications and Engagement
Infrastructure Partnerships Australia is a non-for-profit industry think tank and an executive member network, providing research focused on excellence in social and economic infrastructure. We exist to shape public debate and drive reform for the national interest.
As the national voice for infrastructure in Australia, our membership reflects a diverse range of public and private sector entities, including infrastructure owners, operators, financiers, advisers, technology providers and policy makers.
- Our ideal candidate will have a passion for infrastructure with a well-developed understanding of either infrastructure markets, policy, regulated assets, and/or key infrastructure reform priorities
- Substantial experience running successful public affairs campaigns or a proven track record of policy development and agenda setting in politics, government, or the corporate sector
- Extensive experience working within executive leadership teams, providing strategic advice on government, media, and communications-related issues
- Proven experience with federal and/or state level engagement across political and bureaucratic verticals, with a well-developed network of existing relationships
- Experience setting the strategic agenda for organisations in a corporate or government setting, including developing corporate plans
- Active relationships with journalists covering national and metro media markets, and experience managing proactive and reactive media
- Experience developing media and government relations strategies, including profiling a large organisation using social media and new technology platforms
- Experience managing and motivating high-performance teams, including setting key performance measures for staff
- A well-developed understanding of government processes and parliamentary practice at either a state or federal level
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to translate complex and technical information into accessible public information
- Sound judgement with proven ability to build rapport within an organisation and with external stakeholders, and
- Ability to produce high-quality written content suitable for media and events.
- Circa 8 years’ experience in one or more of the following fields: government relations, corporate affairs, stakeholder management, public policy, or relevant fields.
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism, public policy (or equivalent).
When applying you will need to attach:
• An up-to-date resume
• A one-page cover letter, including a short statement in response to the two targeted questions below:
1. Provide an example demonstrating your experience running a public affairs or advocacy campaign and how you used your negotiation and influencing skills to achieve successful outcomes?
2. Provide an example of your leadership skills embedding continuous improvement within a team environment or broader organisation?
Please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected] and
General Manager, Finance and Company Secretary